Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | September 23rd | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: 4 p.m. | Monday-Thursday | Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Musical Family Storytime: 6:30 p.m. | October 1st | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Tales for Tots: 9:30 a.m. | October 1st | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes
- World Stories, Africa: 10 a.m. | October 1st | Youth Services. Learn about stories from around the world!
- What do I buy? Devices Explained: 1 p.m. | October 1st | Adult Services. Are you in the market to purchase a new computer or tablet. Learn about the types of devices available to help you make an informed decision.
- Beer Barons on Geneva Lake: 6 p.m. | October 1st | Adult Services. Learn of the six beer barons of Geneva Lake and the four major brewers of Milwaukee. Provided by Black Point Estates.
- Family Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 2nd | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Minecraft Open Lab: 5 p.m. | October 2nd | Computer Lab. Teens in grades 4-12, come build on the library’s Minecraft server. This is a free build. REGISTER at www.racinelibrary.info, stop by the reference desk, or call 262.636.9217.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10 a.m. | October 3rd | Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Checkmates: 4-6 p.m. | October 3rd | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- West African Kora (Harp): 6 p.m. | October 3rd | Youth Services. Sean Gaskell features traditional songs on the Kora, a 21 string harp.
- West African Kora (Harp): 7 p.m. | October 3rd | Adult Services. Sean Gaskell features traditional songs on the Kora, a 21 string harp.
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 a.m. | October 5th | Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170 .
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/