The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | September 23rd | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: 4 p.m. | Monday-Thursday | Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Musical Family Storytime: 6:30 p.m. | October 1st | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Tales for Tots: 9:30 a.m. | October 1st | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes
- World Stories, Africa: 10 a.m. | October 1st | Youth Services. Learn about stories from around the world!
- What do I buy? Devices Explained: 1 p.m. | October 1st | Adult Services. Are you in the market to purchase a new computer or tablet. Learn about the types of devices available to help you make an informed decision.
- Beer Barons on Geneva Lake: 6 p.m. | October 1st | Adult Services. Learn of the six beer barons of Geneva Lake and the four major brewers of Milwaukee. Provided by Black Point Estates.
- Family Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 2nd | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Minecraft Open Lab: 5 p.m. | October 2nd | Computer Lab. Teens in grades 4-12, come build on the library’s Minecraft server. This is a free build. REGISTER at www.racinelibrary.info, stop by the reference desk, or call 262.636.9217.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10 a.m. | October 3rd | Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Checkmates: 4-6 p.m. | October 3rd | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- West African Kora (Harp): 6 p.m. | October 3rd | Youth Services. Sean Gaskell features traditional songs on the Kora, a 21 string harp.
- West African Kora (Harp): 7 p.m. | October 3rd | Adult Services. Sean Gaskell features traditional songs on the Kora, a 21 string harp.
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 a.m. | October 5th | Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170 .