The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | October 14th | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: 4 p.m.| Monday-Thursday | Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Yoga Storytime: 10 a.m | October 14th | Youth Services. Kids come stretch and relax with Yoga and stories!
- Maker Monday: 9 a.m-7 p.m. | October 14th | Computer Lab.
- Tales for Tots: 9:30 a.m. | October 15th | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes
- World Stories: 10 a.m. | October 15th | Youth Services. Learn about stories from around the world!
- Using Libby for iOs, Android & Windows: 9 a.m., 12 p.m., & 3 p.m. | October 15 | Computer Lab. Bring your own device to learn how to download eBooks and audiobooks using Libby. You’ll need your app store username/pw, & library card/pin. If you do not have a card please arrive 5 min early. Register at www.racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Celebrate Indigenous People Week:
3 p.m. | Oct 14 | Bad River Ojibwe History
6 p.m. | Oct 15 | Ho-Chunk History
6 p.m. | Oct 16 | Lac Du Flambeau Ojibwe History
6 p.m. | Oct 17 | Oneida History
- Adult Services-East Windows Musical Family Storytime: 6:30 p.m. | October 15th | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Family Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 16th | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is
fun for the whole family! Please call the library or visit the library website for movie title.
- Minecraft Open Lab: 5 p.m. | October 16th | Computer Lab. Grades 4-12 come play Minecraft on the library’s minecraft server! Register at www.racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10 a.m. | October 17th | Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Military History Book Club: 6:30 p.m. | October 17th | Pomeroy Room. Interested? Contact Sue McGrath at email@example.com.
- Checkmates: 4-6 p.m. | October 17th | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- Books and Brews: 7 p.m. | October 17th | Racine Brewing Co. Grab your friends and get reading! Join us for a fun book trivia night at Racine Brewing. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 a.m. | October 19th | Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
- Dungeons and Dragons Club: 12:30-3:30 p.m.| October 19th | Lee Room. Come participate in a D&D campaign of your own creation. REGISTER at www.racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Words of Wonder, Wit, & Wisdom: 6-8 p.m. | October 19th | First Presbyterian Church of Racine. his season opener will explore the pathos, drama, and pure joy of live music, poetry, and prose. The program will offer various styles; old favorites and new treasures. CAS is teaming up with the Kenosha/Racine Poets Laureate, who will present original poetry before and during the concert, and with the Racine Public Library, to present an exciting evening of word and song. This concert is supported in part by a grant from Racine Arts Council’s ArtSeed Grants Program, funded by Real Racine, and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin.
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the business office at 262-636-9170 .