The following are upcoming programs held at the Racine Public Library, located at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403. A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For more information, call the library’s business office 262-636-9170.
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2:00 p.m. Monday, March 11th, Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers and Cat Chats: Monday-Thursday, 4:00-5:00 pm, by appointment only. Children are invited to read aloud to one of our friendly listening cats or dogs.
- Maker Monday: 9:00 am-10:30 pm and 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, March 11, Computer Lab. Explore RPL’s 3D printer, visit with Dash our robot, and learn some basic coding
- Tuesdays at Two Adult Movie Series: 2:00 pm, March 12th, Atrium. Join us for a movie, please call the library or visit the website for movie title.
- Time for Tots: March 12th, 9:30 am, Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, nad rhymes.
- Tuesday Tales: 10:00 am, March 12th, Youth Services. Kids join us for this fun storytime!
- Musical Storytime: 6:30 pm, March 12th, Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Computer Basics: 9:30 am, March 12 | 9:30 am, March 13 | 1:00 pm, March 14. Computer Lab. Learn how to use a computer, we will go over the mouse, keyboard, and other computer basics. Register at the adult services desk, online at racinelibrary.info, or call 262.636.9217.
- Family Storytime: 10:00 am, March 13th, Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Preschool Dance Party: 10:00 am, March 14th, Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Checkmates: 4:00-5:00 pm, March 14th, Youth Services. All ages and all chess experience levels. Come join us for a friendly game of chess.
- Understanding White Privilege Workshop: 6:00 pm, March 14, Lee Room. The workshop discusses assumptions as well as barriers to clarify about white privilege. Discussing how to become allies to those who experience and struggle with racial injustice. Register at the adult services desk, online at racinelibrary.info, or call 262.636.9217.
- Intro to Dungeons & Dragons: 12:30-3:30pm, March 16th Lee Room, Teens 6th-12th grade. Teens will create their own character, learn the basics, and jump into a world of their own creation. No experience necessary. Register at the adult services desk, online at racinelibrary.info, or call 262.636.9217.
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 am, March 16th, Youth Services. All ages are invited to enjoy songs, books, and have lots of fun!
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/