Together, Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin and blood donors across the state make a life-saving impact through the gift of blood donation. Patients in need of blood tomorrow rely on the generosity of blood donors today.
Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin is calling on the community to make a life-saving donation this October.
Donations of all blood types are needed, but especially type O negative blood, which is the universal blood type given to patients in emergency situations and those undergoing surgery.
Kenosha/Racine County blood donors can help patients in need at Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin’s upcoming blood drives:
- Wednesday, Oct. 2 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at J.I. Case High School, 7345 Washington Ave., Racine
- Wednesday, Oct. 9 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at William Horlick High School, 2119 Rapids Dr., Racine
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Burlington Community, 589 Milwaukee Ave., Burlington
- Thursday, Oct. 17 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Indian Trail High School and Academy, 6800 60th St., Kenosha
- Monday, Oct. 21 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wilmot Union High School, 11112 308th Ave., Wilmot
- Monday, Oct. 21 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. William Horlick High School, 2119 Rapids Dr., Racine
- Monday, Oct. 28 from 12:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sacred Heart Parish-Racine, 2201 Northwestern Ave., Racine
Donors can schedule an appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or visiting versiti.org/Wisconsin.
Anyone 17 or older who is in good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Appointments are preferred, but walk-in donors are also welcome. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/