A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Here’s a guide to specials in the Racine area.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
We thought this was cool:
There’s a movement to show veterans how much we care about them by changing your front porch light to green. It’s called the Greenlight a Vet, check it out.
- Applebee’s, 2521 S. Green Bay Rd. —Free meal from a special menu and get a $5 coupon that can be redeemed Nov. 12-27.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 5880 Durand Ave.: Free small order of traditional or boneless wings with a side of fries.
- Chipotle, 5720 Washington Ave.: From 3 p.m. to close, all U.S. military, military spouses and veterans get a buy one get one free burrito, bowl, salad or tacos
- Denny’s, 5501 Washington Ave.: 5 a.m. to noon for a free Grand Slam.
- IHOP, 5800 Durand Ave.: Free red, white and blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Texas Roadhouse, 6228 Durand Ave. —free lunch: Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans – including alVeteral active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required.
- Olive Garden, 6000 Durand Ave.—free entrée: Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Sunday, November 11 during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. Offer good in US and Canada, proof of service required.
Where to find more:
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free admission to all on Veterans Day. Go and Enjoy the scenery!
Know of more? List them in the comments section on this story.