Teacher Appreciation Week ends Saturday, and we couldn’t let these days pass without recognizing some of the teachers who do such great work every day with our kids.
Racine Unified Superintendent Lolli Haws thinks teachers should get a high five, too. A group of 117 teachers – 63 from the elementary level, 31 from middle schools, and 23 from district high schools – were recognized Wednesday night at Memorial Hall, a story from The Journal Times reads.
“This is a way to take something measurable … and say, ‘Look what this teacher has done for kids,’” Haws is quoted as saying about the Encore! Awards in Education event.
To quote a photo we saw online today, “Teaching makes all other professions possible. Thank you!”
Here is the list of teachers readers named on the Racine County Eye Facebook page. They are not in any particular order:
- Geri Bodi-Mitchell Middle School 8th Grade Counselor
- Nick Brooks
- James Neibaur
- Kate Potter-Barrow
- Kathy Berg
- Mia Haumersen McKinnley Middle School Special Ed.
- Melissa Jenkins at Schulte Elementary School
- Mrs. White, Wadewitz Elementary
- Mr. H, Wadewitz Elementary
- Tony Arndt, Park High School
- Becky Arndt, Stephen Bull
- Mrs.Beere, Roosevelt Elementary
- Ms. Nemitz (2nd grade), Wisconsin Lutheran School
- Mr. Nass (6th grade), Wisconsin Lutheran School
Thank you, teachers, for all you do for the students with whom you spend so much time.