… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
You were busy, we were busy. Here are our top five most read stories from the week and a sneak peek at what’s happening this week.
- Driver’s beware: If you use Highway 32 in Caledonia to get around, you’ll want to know that the resurfacing project starts next week.
2. Racine man faces attempted homicide charges after running over a 20-year-old West Allis woman with his car.
3. Unwanted electronics? You don’t want those in the landfill. So the City of Racine is having a free eWaste recycling event. Here’s what you need to know.
4. A Kenosha man is facing charges after deputies with the Racine County Sheriff’s Department searched his car and found over 200 viles of marijuana.
5. If you need relief from certain ailments, a local resident has opened a CBD oil store called Your CBD Store.
CBD is extracted from the male hemp plant, which has been grown for industrial uses for decades. The oil can also be extracted from the female marijuana plant, but only legally processed in a handful of states; Wisconsin is not one of them. It is described as a non-psychoactive substance, as opposed to the highly psychoactive relative, THC.
On Tap for this week
There’s a lot going on and planning your week can be tough. But we make it easy by highlighting a few of the events going on this week. Enjoy!
Calling all local history and trivia buffs! Check out the Racine County Eye Gadgets & Geeks story series, which starts Wednesday. We’ll also host a trivia night based on our stories. So… pay attention out there!
Looking for ways to help your community? Check out the United Way 2019 Power of the Purse event, which will be held on May 3.
Date nights should not be boring, right? Check out the Racine Art Museum is hosting a Clay Date Night this Thursday.
This week the Racine Theatre Guild is hosting auditions for Grease. It’s the word and you aren’t a beauty school drop out, so give it a shot.
Looking for a job? Check out our jobs board.