You were busy, we were busy. Here are our top five most read stories from the week and a sneak peek at what’s happening this week.
- Driver’s beware: If you use Highway 32 in Caledonia to get around, you’ll want to know that the resurfacing project starts next week.
2. Racine man faces attempted homicide charges after running over a 20-year-old West Allis woman with his car.
3. Unwanted electronics? You don’t want those in the landfill. So the City of Racine is having a free eWaste recycling event. Here’s what you need to know.
4. A Kenosha man is facing charges after deputies with the Racine County Sheriff’s Department searched his car and found over 200 viles of marijuana.
5. If you need relief from certain ailments, a local resident has opened a CBD oil store called Your CBD Store.
CBD is extracted from the male hemp plant, which has been grown for industrial uses for decades. The oil can also be extracted from the female marijuana plant, but only legally processed in a handful of states; Wisconsin is not one of them. It is described as a non-psychoactive substance, as opposed to the highly psychoactive relative, THC.
On Tap for this week
There’s a lot going on and planning your week can be tough. But we make it easy by highlighting a few of the events going on this week. Enjoy!
Calling all local history and trivia buffs! Check out the Racine County Eye Gadgets & Geeks story series, which starts Wednesday. We’ll also host a trivia night based on our stories. So… pay attention out there!
Looking for ways to help your community? Check out the United Way 2019 Power of the Purse event, which will be held on May 3.
Date nights should not be boring, right? Check out the Racine Art Museum is hosting a Clay Date Night this Thursday.
This week the Racine Theatre Guild is hosting auditions for Grease. It’s the word and you aren’t a beauty school drop out, so give it a shot.
Looking for a job? Check out our jobs board.