… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Bobby Wilkerson told FOX 6 Newshe was fired because he had too much money in his drawer.
He said he adhered to company procedure regarding robberies; namely, following the demands of the robbers and emptying his drawer, but company spokesperson Angela Graves told the station she couldn’t comment beyond saying the safety of employees and customers is the company’s “number one focus.”
Here’s what you said on Facebook:
- Cathy Kirk-Pyne Most of the time the 3rd shift employee is in store by themselves and cannot do a drop. It is the managers who should be fired.
- Nathan Pier Often in stores open third shift there is a slot within arms reach to do these drops. Not saying that’s the case here, I honestly don’t know, but if that is the case, he obviously dropped the ball.
- Tommy Kloften Adding it to the list of places where I won’t spend my money.
- Lisa Pontello It happens often. While it doesn’t seem fair, most companies have very strict policies concerning how much money 3rd shift employees can keep in their cash drawer. Not only is it to prevent money losses, it’s for the safety of the employees. When robbers know the drops are done and there isn’t much money in the drawer they might think twice about bothering to rob the place.
- Barbara Jorgensen Heberling Let’s wait for the entire story. Somehow I have a problem thinking this is all there was to it.
- Janis Barker What?? Victimizing this guy twice?? I know where I will never buy gas at
- Nancy Shutes Boycott speedway…
- Steven Jansen I’ve also heard that Speedway scans the back of your drivers license when buying a six pack of beer! Sorry, but that’s crazy! You want to see an I’d, that’s fine, but to scan the bar code on the back? Sorry, I’m done with Speedway! This guy got hosed! Big time!