… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Monday is Columbus Day, and there are a number of local offices that will be closed, but here’s what’s open:
- Racine Unified classes are in session.
- Government offices in the villages of Caledonia, Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant are open.
- Regular garbage collection will go on as scheduled in Caledonia, Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant.
- The BUS (Belle Urban System) will run on its normal weekday schedule.
Here’s what’s closed Monday:
- City of Racine government offices are closed.
- There will not be garbage pick-up in the city.
- There will be no mail delivery Monday.
Banks may or may not be closed so readers are encouraged to check with their financial institution for operating hours.