We need your help.
Readership of local news outlets has reached record highs. But because of COVID-19, advertising has plummeted, and readers aren’t subscribing fast enough to fill the void. #SupportLocalNews by donating today.
- Do not walk, swim or drive through flood waters
- You can be swept off your feet in as little as six inches of water
- Just six inches of water can stall your vehicle, and just one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away
- Even trucks and SUVs can stall or become trapped in flooded areas
- If your vehicle is trapped in rapidly moving water, then stay inside; if water is rising inside the vehicle, then seek refuge on the roof
- Never drive around barricades; if a road is closed find a different route
- Avoid underpasses, underground parking and basements
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water
- Listen to EAS, NOAA Weather Radio, or local alerting systems for current emergency information and instructions.
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately