As newspapers around the country furlough their employees hours, that means less journalism at a time when staying connected at the local level is important.
Racine County Eye remains committed to covering what matters to you, your family and your business. Now is not the time to be left in the dark about local information.
If you are able, Racine County Eye needs your financial support today to keep us focused on the things that matter. Click here to support our coverage. We appreciate every one of our readers and we’re grateful to earn your trust every day.
Owner of the Racine County Eye
#GivingTuesday is coming up on Dec. 3. Every person in our community has the power to create meaningful change for Racine County. Here are just a few of the ways you can suit up for #GivingTuesday:
- Help provide tax returns with VITA. Learn more and apply.
- Drop off books at a local Little Free Library. Learn more.
- Ring bells with the Salvation Army between Nov. 15 and Dec. 24, Monday through Saturday. Register here or email marcia.dilbeck@usc.
- Submit an interest form to be a Schools of Hope reading tutor for the 2020-21 school year. Register here.
- Help Recreational Activities for the Developmentally Disabled (RADD) prepare for a buffet-style fundraiser on Nov. 22, 4 to 9 p.m. Register here.
- Help students learn to program (no coding experience required) with an Hour of Code from Dec. 2 to 13. Learn more.
- Help Hispanic Roundtable provide low-income, Hispanic community members with holiday food baskets. Volunteers are needed at Trinity United Methodist to unload its food delivery on Dec. 5, 10 a.m. to noon, and to distribute its food baskets on Dec. 7, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact Jennifer Winter, email@example.com or 800-547-1647 x23246 to sign up.
- Volunteer for the 4th annual Holiday Lights Celebration at Knapp Elementary on Dec. 6. Contact Jamie Racine, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-994-5962.
- Volunteer for a 24-hour crisis line with Sexual Assault Services. Contact Annabell Bustillos at email@example.com or 262-619-1634 x14.
Want even more ideas? Visit our #GivingTuesday Facebook page to learn about more volunteer opportunities at https://www.facebook.com/