… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
#GivingTuesday is coming up on Dec. 3. Every person in our community has the power to create meaningful change for Racine County. Here are just a few of the ways you can suit up for #GivingTuesday:
- Help provide tax returns with VITA. Learn more and apply.
- Drop off books at a local Little Free Library. Learn more.
- Ring bells with the Salvation Army between Nov. 15 and Dec. 24, Monday through Saturday. Register here or email marcia.dilbeck@usc.
- Submit an interest form to be a Schools of Hope reading tutor for the 2020-21 school year. Register here.
- Help Recreational Activities for the Developmentally Disabled (RADD) prepare for a buffet-style fundraiser on Nov. 22, 4 to 9 p.m. Register here.
- Help students learn to program (no coding experience required) with an Hour of Code from Dec. 2 to 13. Learn more.
- Help Hispanic Roundtable provide low-income, Hispanic community members with holiday food baskets. Volunteers are needed at Trinity United Methodist to unload its food delivery on Dec. 5, 10 a.m. to noon, and to distribute its food baskets on Dec. 7, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact Jennifer Winter, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-547-1647 x23246 to sign up.
- Volunteer for the 4th annual Holiday Lights Celebration at Knapp Elementary on Dec. 6. Contact Jamie Racine, email@example.com or 262-994-5962.
- Volunteer for a 24-hour crisis line with Sexual Assault Services. Contact Annabell Bustillos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-619-1634 x14.
Want even more ideas? Visit our #GivingTuesday Facebook page to learn about more volunteer opportunities at https://www.facebook.com/